Friday, June 3, 2011

Perspective From a Little Girl with Lupus

Sometimes in only takes a second to get a little perspective on your lot in life, or in this case about 2 minutes & 8 seconds. Regarding her lupus symptoms this little 8 year old girl quietly says
“I have pain in my arms and my legs and sometimes in my neck and my shoulders,” says Breanna. “If it's kinda like a good day, I can play outside…but if it's a bad day, I can't move my body."
So simply put. As another Lupie, I want to be able to play outside too.


As a second thought when seeing this, I can tell by looking at her that she has severe moon face from taking steroids (she's not fat with a big fat face if that's what you were thinking, look at her arms.). I can only imagine what it must be like on the playground. Kids can be vicious to other kids who have the slightest thing different about them. She has probably been teased relentlessly. It is nice to see that she got to be in the spotlight for a while!

School helps Westminster girl with lupus raise awareness


 

1 comment:

  1. burntbutterfly: wow , i remember at 14 been diagnosed and how it all felt, at eight year old, i cant imagine what its like for her, she seems to have so much support behind her though its lovely x

    ReplyDelete